Wednesday 19 August 2015

Sending back the scraps

It's been brought to my attention that I do something other memory keepsake makers don't do. Most customers don't query it, but I have had a couple of keepsake recipients who have felt saddened by receiving pieces of cut up sleepsuits. So it's time to explain exactly why I choose to send back the scraps.

Firstly, for me, the thought of binning part of someone's most cherished baby clothes, is so awful. I just can't bear the thought of throwing them away. This is initially the reason I chose to return all leftover pieces. Then I started to think what the leftover pieces could be used for. This is where the idea of making a blanket with the leftovers came from, coupled by the numerous requests for them.



I'm often asked if I use the leftover fabric to stuff the keepsakes. Although this is a fantastic idea and would certainly save on waste as well as the cost of stuffing, it would also most likely give a lumpy look and texture to the finished keepsake. It's something I'm happy to try though if a customer would prefer this to regular toy stuffing.

One of the benefits of having your leftover fabric returned, is that you can use it for other craft projects. If later down the line you wanted a memory keepsake blanket, you could return the fabric to me, along with additional sleepsuits if required, to have them transformed into another item you can treasure. You might decide you want a second keepsake making, maybe for a Grandparent or another relative. Another option would be to use them for your own craft project.

Some customers choose to just keep the leftovers in a memory box with their sleepsuit keepsake.

For those who can't bear to see their precious items cut up, there is the option to not have them returned at all. I can either use them for my practice items, or can bin them at your request.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...